Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Strength

Sometimes I find myself focusing more on the looks in the mirror and I get discouraged if I don't see the results I'm looking for as quickly as I want to see them.
But I have to take a step back and remind myself that things are indeed changing and the proof is in my strength.
Three months ago, I was struggling to dead lift a 30 lb barbell. Now I'm dead lifting a 55 on the bosu ball!
Three months ago, I was curling 8 lb dumb bells and now I can curl 15s.
Three months ago, I was doing Arnold presses with 10s. Now I'm pressing 15s.
Three months ago the fastest I felt comfortable running was 5.0 on the treadmill. Now I'm doing 5.7.
So when you think things aren't changing and start to get discouraged with your progress, step back and look at how much stronger you are now than when you started. I guaranty that you'll see and feel the change, and just remember that strong is sexy.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment