Monday, February 13, 2012

Tried and true favorites

Something I get asked a lot is what does my typical workout include. But there is no definite answer to this question because I don't have a typical workout. My workouts are always different; in fact, I doubt if I've ever done the same one twice.
Your body is very good at adapting. When it adapts to your routine, it stops changing and you stop seeing results. This is known as the plateau effect.
So, because my workouts are never the same, I decided maybe the best way to answer this question is to tell you my current favorite exercises for each muscle group (and I'll go into more detail on each of these in future posts) and show you my plan for this week.

My current favorite lifts:
Trapezius- barbell upright row
Deltoids- dumbbell Arnold press
Triceps- cable press down
Biceps- 21 barbell curl
Pecs- incline barbell bench press
Abs- hanging knee raise/twist
Rhomboids- dumbbell one arm bent over row
Low back- weighted hyper extension
Lats- underhand close grip pull down
Glutes- barbell deadlift
Hams- ball leg curl
Quads- bosu squat
Calves- leg press calf raise

Sample schedule:
Monday- 1 hr cardio, abs
Tuesday- traps, delts, tris, pecs (pushing groups)
Wednesday- legs
Thursday- back, bis, abs (pulling groups)
Friday- 1 hr cardio
Saturday- abs, low back
Sunday- rest

Hopefully this helps answer that question. It's never good to stick with only one thing for too long. Not only do you get bored, but so do your muscles! Does this post raise more questions than it answers? Comment below and I'll do my best to clarify!

Love,
Mandee

No comments:

Post a Comment