Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Clean Eating, Part II

I received a very good question about how to change the way you think about food. Sure, saying it is quite easy. "I officially change the way I view food!" There. Done. But putting it into practice is another story entirely.

It's been a long and difficult journey for me to finally begin to understand nutrition and I could not find the right words to describe how I changed my mind about food. So don't get frustrated if you find it difficult to change your thinking on a dime. It's a process, like everything. Be patient with yourself.

I want to share an article from www.bodybuilding.com called "8 Stress Busters" by Courtney Prather that I found extremely helpful in shifting my mindset from "Food is an emotional or social experience." to "Food is fuel for the machine God has given me."

Hope this inspires you as much as it inspired me.

8 Stress Busters

My favorite part of the whole article: "Next time you find yourself at a bakery and see that red velvet cupcake you long for, change the self-talk from "I wish I could have one, but I can't," to "I could eat one if I want to, but I choose not to. I'd rather be healthy." Take back the power"

TAKE BACK THE POWER.
Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post! Loved the article. And thanks for the Lose It! recommendation, best app ever!!!

    ReplyDelete