Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Positive Mantras




These have been my mantras lately. I have been practicing positive self-talk because I, like most of us I think, am prone to condemning myself for my own shortcomings or perceived failings. We call it humility, but its really self-hate. Humility is another thing entirely. And loving yourself is not the same as being prideful or conceited. God loves you. If He, a perfect, omniscient being, can love you in spite of all your flaws, why shouldn't you love yourself? Of course we have a desire to improve and that is a righteous desire. But it's impossible to accomplish if you are constantly berating yourself the whole time. Think of it this way: If your friends spoke to you the way you speak to yourself, would you still be friends with them?
The mind is a powerful tool. You will become what you tell yourself you are. This concept is what inspires dedication and hard work. If you wait to start loving yourself until you have a perfect body (or whatever your issue is), you’ll never get there. Love yourself as you are, and always remind yourself that you can do anything you set your mind to. Believe in the person you want to become, and tell the negative committee that meets inside your head to sit down and shut up, because you are so much stronger than you think.
Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy I caught up on your blogs today! This is exactly what I needed to hear! ♥♥ thanks sis.

    ReplyDelete