Saturday, September 22, 2012

Week in review

This week I needed rest, physically and mentally, so I only ended up at the gym about 3 times. Honestly, the only workout plan I can remember (because I didn't write anything down this week) is this morning's. I went to spinning from 8:30 to 9:30; and then spent 9:30 - 10:30 on legs. Workout below.

I've been using this week to try out my new cleaning schedule I made for myself. I know this has nothing to do with fitness per se, but it has everything to do with my own overall wellness and sanity so... it pertains to the blog in that way, I guess. I clean one room per day, and do one full load of laundry from start to finish per day. That way, my whole house gets clean and the laundry gets done every single week, without overwhelming me on the weekends. If anyone cares, here's the schedule I made and so far, it's working well. My house is clean and I don't feel like I'm doomed to spend Saturdays on my hands and knees scrubbing from floor to ceiling.

Housekeeping schedule
Sunday: prepare the week's meal starters for the freezer.
I'm a busy person, and if I were to try and cook a decent meal from start to finish every night, poor Nate wouldn't eat until 9 PM... or later. Or he would eat cereal, which is okay once in  while, but definitely not okay every day. (I may or may not be speaking from experience here...) With starters, I can take the ziploc out of the freezer in the morning and let it thaw in the fridge while I'm at work. After I get home from the gym in the evenings, I simply toss the contents of the ziploc in the oven, crockpot, or in a pot on the stove. And miraculously, we eat dinner at 6:30.
Monday: kitchen + 1 full load of laundry (wash, dry, fold, put away)
I planned this for the day after the meal prep day for a reason. After prepping all that crap I'm too tired to clean up after myself right away, so I save it for the next day. Cleaning the kitchen includes washing dishes, scrubbing and polishing up the sink, wiping down the counter tops, stove and cabinets, and mopping the floor.
Tuesday: bathroom + 1 full load of laundry
This is not just a wipedown. This includes cleaning walls, mirrors, baseboards. Scrub toilet and bathtub, soak bleach in bowl and tub overnight. Straighten and put away toiletry items. Mop floor.
Wednesday: bedroom + 1 full load of laundry
Put away any clothes/shoes on the floor. Put away any movies or anything else that have collected on top of the tv throughout the week. Dust everything, and vacuum.
Thursday: family room and hallway + 1 full load of laundry
Straighten up, dust and vacuum.
Friday: Car + 1 full load of laundry
Put away all the crap in the car that has accumulated over the last week. Go to the car wash and wash outside, vacuum and wipe down the inside. Clean windows.
Saturday: backyard
Two words: pooper scooper.

Saturday's workout
1 hour spinning class, then legs
Superset 1
1. leg press; 150 lbs; 3/15
2. BB squat; 30 lbs; 3/15
Superset 2
3. BB deadlift; 60 lbs; 3/15
4. jump squats; bw; 3/15
5. BB calf raises; 60 lbs; 3/15
Superset 3
6. rear lunge with front kick; bw; 3/15
7. single leg deadlift; 30 lbs; 3/15

8. goblet squat; 35 lbs; 3/15

Love.

1 comment:

  1. My turn to stalk your blog! I love that you have a cleaning schedule! For the last few months I've been mulling over setting up a chore chart for myself to make sure I get everything done. I wait until the weekend and by then it's overwhelming and stressful.

    Oh, and great job being so healthy and fit!

    ReplyDelete