Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Musings

Yesterday I had an amazing workout. I haven't felt that excited to work out in months. The sun was shining and even though it was still pretty cold, the sky was blue, and I opened all my curtains to let the sunshine in. Bliss. My gumption to go to the gym and lift is still MIA (although it's been about a month since I missed a Saturday AM spin class) but I can feel myself getting back to the mindset I used to have before this depression bulldozed me into oblivion. Here's what I did:

Turbo Fire HIIT 15 class (twice!)
Turbo Fire 30 class

For a grand total of 1 hour of High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)/ kickboxing. Woohoo! "Lose-it!" told me I'd burned 609 calories. I question the accuracy of that, but even give or take a few kcals, seeing that number paired with my drenched self in the mirror made for a happy combo.

Every time I do Turbo Fire, I get better at the moves and I can make it farther and farther into the workout without having to hit pause so often. I've set these goals for myself for the next 3 weeks:

1. Next week: Do not pause the DVD at all during the workout.
2. The week after: Begin wearing my weighted gloves.
3. The week after that: Begin wearing my weighted gloves AND ankle wraps.

I've also been wanting to get outside and start cleaning up my yard since the snow is finally melting. My tulips are starting to try and poke through and they need a clean bed in which to bloom. That sounds like a nice Sunday activity...

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment