Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Spring Fever

Just checking in to say that I have actually been doing the things I made goals to do at the beginning of this year. I'm so proud of myself for following through... even though it has been pretty slow-going.

1. I cleaned up my tulip beds and my tulips are poking through the dirt by about 3 inches. Grow, my pretties! Grow! Also, Nate and I have major plans this weekend to clean up the rest of our yard and start fertilizing the grass and planting our garden. Sadly, it's looking like our colorado blue spruce shrub did not survive this horrid winter so we may have to yank it out. But the snowball and the japanese maple have a few buds I think... I hope.

2. So far this week I have met my goal of not pausing my workout DVD to rest. I've done the whole workout start to finish without hitting pause once, AND I honestly feel like I gave it my best effort the whole time. I feel confident in saying that I did not wuss out once. Yesterday I did the HIIT 15 Turbo Fire class 4 times, for a total of an hour of HIIT kickboxing and it killed me, but I felt great when I was done.

3. I bought some paint to do some projects around my house. I've already started one: painting my interior doors black. The first coat looked AWFUL of course, since I was painting black over white. As an experienced painter I fully expected that. (Nate had a deer-in-headlights expression the whole time; he questions my sanity whenever I start crazy things like this... haha) But last night I put on the second coat and they already look tremendously better. One more coat ought to do it... I hope I have enough paint because I only bought 1 quart and I have 6 doors. Once the doors are done, then I start on my bathroom re-do!

4. I've found some artistic inspiration in addition to my door painting, which is exciting because I haven't sat down to draw in months. It's very sad. While I haven't actually started on anything yet, I plan to this week. Also, Nate bought a new computer because our poor laptop is in its last life, and he plans on buying me a scanner/printer to go with it so that I can start uploading my art again, which I think will motivate me to draw more. If you'd like to see my old stuff... and I mean old... some of it is from high school I think... check out my art page at deviantART: ( MerryJayne ) I have not updated it in a few years because of my lack of equipment.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment